2. Then it passed, but I was a little bit skeptical about what I heard about all of the law’s new benefits…
3. …until I went online and found out I could be paying waaay less than I was before.
5. I learned some of the reasons the ACA is especially great for me—like the fact that I can’t be charged more for health insurance because I’m a woman.
6. And when I found out that I can stay on my parents’ health insurance until I’m 26, I was like
7. Then I found out that being a survivor of domestic violence or cancer is no longer a reason for someone to be denied health insurance…
8. So when I went to get a check-up, cancer screening, and STD test at my doctor and there was no co-pay, I was pumped.
9. But when they told me I could also get my well woman exam AND birth control free, without a co-pay, I just lost it.
More on Planned Parenthood’s ongoing campaign to help inform and educate millions of uninsured Americans about the benefits and availability of new health insurance plans here: plannedparenthoodhealthinsurancefacts.org